Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring

Here I am, enjoying a hard-boiled egg white from Easter and trying not to think that today's my last day of Spring Break.  Oh well!  I'm trying to stay positive, right?  So I won't think about how it rained nearly every single day of Spring Break and that I ate way too much this weekend.  BUT...our family did go on a 2 mile hike yesterday after Easter brunch.  I know, right?!  I'm proud, too.  Plus, after our walk we played the most violent game of whiffle ball EVER!  Three injured children and a mom with terrible heartburn.  Yeah, the mom would be me.  That's what physical activity after two mimosas will do to a girl in her 30's.  So I guess all-in-all yesterday was a fairly healthy holiday.  Big stress on the word "fairly."

So now that Easter and Spring Break are officially out of the way, I really feel that spring and all its outdoor potential is really here.  We only have five more days of April showers before May sunshine and flowers are upon us.  (See, I CAN be positive :)  Chad and I have been talking more and more frequently about adventure racing again, too.  There's no way we could ever jump right back into it, but I think that we're ready to start training with a short race as our goal.  As long as we have that goal, we're pretty good at adhering to it.  May is a great time to bike train, which is one of the most difficult legs of adventure racing for me.  So I'm thinking that it's time for Chad and I to get our bikes tuned so that I'm eager to begin bike training in a week or two.  Oddly enough, I'm actually kind of excited thinking about it.  I don't know, though.  Cabin fever has a tendency to be misdiagnosed as excitement this time of year ;)

172.0 lbs (Yeah, I gained back my overindulged purge),
Cortny

No comments:

Post a Comment