Monday, April 18, 2011

The Revenge of my 30's

 In case you haven't noticed, I've been trying to post my progress every Sunday.  Obviously, I didn't post anything yesterday.  "Why?" you might ask.  Well, let's just say it was "The Revenge of my 30's."

When I turned 30, 2 years ago, several things started to happen.  My weight began to steadily climb, I began thinking more like a rational adult, my skin wasn't nearly as elastic as before, and I learned how to drink much more socially.  (Yes, the list is obviously longer that this, but these are the ones that stare me in the face on a day-to-day basis.)  Too many twenty-something nights had I stared into the wretched face of the porcelain god.  As I rolled into my thirties, though, I learned how to drink much more gracefully.  Unfortunately, as Saturday exposed, I sometimes have relapses.  Ugh!!!

I spent the entire day yesterday praying to that porcelain god because of too much indulging on Saturday night.  Yes, I am ashamed and do not think that this is acceptable behavior for a healthy lifestyle.  Also, I fell off the wagon a few nights this past week when it came to healthy dinners.  Oh well, after yesterday I still lost weight.  Who couldn't after the bottle flu that I fought yesterday.  So, my goal this week... I will eat healthier dinners and get in four days of exercising.  That way, I will still continue to lose weight instead of gaining back what flushed down the toilet yesterday.

169.5 lbs,
Cortny

No comments:

Post a Comment