Sunday, April 3, 2011

Here They Are...

After some thought (and the purchase of a new electronic scale), I've made a few weight-loss goals.

  1. I will lose 20 pounds by June 30, 2011.
  2. I will run a 5K by September 1, 2011.
  3. I will work out at LEAST 3 times/week.
  4. I will not eat EVERYTHING that my stomach wants, but I won't deny it ALL the time.
  5. I will continue to work out after I have lost the 20 pounds.  This will be for the health benefits.  (Any extra pounds shed will be a perk, though. :)
  6. I will keep in mind that this is for the health benefits and the long haul.  I'm 32 years old, already.  Enough narcissism!!! 
  7. ...
My goals in the past have always stemmed from vanity.  I'm constantly longing to look like I did at 21.  Regularly do I catch myself eying twenty-somethings that are all dolled up at dinner or even Target, thinking, "Just you wait!"  I'm just now beginning to realize that I've got to let my old self go in order to move forward.  I've exhausted myself striving for something that's impossible to achieve.  Therefore, my final and ultimate goal...Rejuvenation.

174.2 lbs (my old scale lied),
Cortny

    No comments:

    Post a Comment